All those who were waiting for a fully stable version of Winterboard before theming your device, its time to finally go for it. Finally, winterboard has been updated for iOS 8. Its not that the iOS 7 version was not working or giving any serious issues, but there were a few crash reports. The only problem was the inability to theme the UI elements (like the keypads and keyboard ) and the status bar. But, now it’s all finally working!
Another thing to note is that there is no Winterboard icon the homescreen any more, which bugs me a little. To setup winteboard themes you’ll have to head to the tweaks section in the settings app. Rest of the steps are the same.
If some icons are not themed, its probably because the theme hasn’t been upgraded for iOS 8. That can be fixed by using iFile and renaming the unthemed stock icons to AppIcon60x60@2x.png (for iPhone 4-5s) or AppIcon60x60@3x.png (for iPhone 6 and 6 plus )
Here is the change log for the newest version:
- 8.x: Support @3x Image Hunting
- 7.x: Theme .car File PNGs (coolstar)
- 7.x: Preferences Icons (JunesiPhone)
- 6.x: Better SharedArtwork Hook
- Better Resource Pathing (Surenix)
- New @3x WinterBoard Icon (Surenix)
- Fix Crash in Bundle Theme Cache
- Remove Standalone Application
- Image Recorder Now Uses Bundles
Hope you’re going to fully enjoy winterboard as it ha finally been updated! Leave a comment below for any queries!
Winterboard Updated for iOS 8!