Though the Nintendo Gameboy Advance is not a vey advanced system anymore, it still has undoubtedly the best and the most addictive games by far. With advancement in the smartphone sphere, these GBA games are now playable on iOS and Android. Yes, you can play Gameboy Advance games on iOS. If you want to relive those days of Pokemon Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire or Super Mario Advance 2, then you got to keep on reading this one!!
First of all, no jailbreak is required for this emulator. Though, it is always easier to get things done if you’re jailbroken.
If you’re jailbroken
- Just add the following source in Cydia: http://repo.hackyouriphone.org/
- For the roms head over to coolrom.com from Safari and download the GBA rom you want.
- The game will be there on GBA4iOS, and you’re ready to play
For non-jailbroken users
1. Navigate to http://www.pgyer.com/GBA32 on your device. Yes the GBA must be capitalized.
2. Ignore the Chinese, simply hit the big purple button and the installation will begin.
3. As shown in Step 2. above, get the roms you want!
4. Get ready to play!
The best thing about these emulators are that they can be played with third party controllers! Cheat codes can also be applied to these games! This totally awesome!!
And that’s how you can Play Gameboy Advance games on iOS using GBA4iOS. For any queries drop a comment below!