It is a real shame that Apple doesn’t allow its users to apply their own ringtones from their music library or from the internet. This has been a basic feature on every other phone since the beginning of time! This is because Apple expects it users to download paid ringtones from iTunes. But, if you’re jailbroken you can give it back to Apple right in the face! A new tweak by the famous ‘Unlimapps’ the creator of ‘Unlimtones’, which was only compatible till iOS 7. Now, if you want free ringtones for iPhone without iTunes, ‘EZRingtones’ is the tweak to go for, and its completely FREE!! Of course you need to be Jailbroken.
To download free ringtones on iPhone without iTunes ie. directly to your collection of ringtones in the ‘sounds’ section of the settings, follow these steps:
- Download the Audiko or Zedge app from the App Store. Audiko is recommended as it allows you to create ringtones from your music library as well.
- Now, head over to Cydia and download the tweak EZRingtones.
- After respringing, head over to any of the apps downloaded, and simply download the ringtone you want.
- The ringtone will be available in your ringtones collection. Head over to Settings>Sounds>ringtones and select the ringtone you downloaded.
- And that’s it! Simple right?
Hope this hack is gonna be useful to you? Any issues or help required? Feel free to leave a comment below.